Last updated on: April 22, 2021[/ohio_text]
Future Today Inc.
Address: 3723 Haven Ave Ste 133, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Phone number: 1 888 575 7564
Email address: email@example.com[/ohio_text]
|Do we collect Personal Data?||YES. Some categories include IP address, device and advertising identifiers, first name and last name, usage data and other information obtained with cookies and similar tracking technologies.
Click here to read which categories of Personal Data we collect and how we obtain them.
|Do we process special categories of data, also known as sensitive data or sensitive personal information, such as health data?||NO|
|Do we sell Personal Data?||We support our free Service with ads connected to your location and the content you are viewing. This may be considered as a sale under certain data protection and privacy laws. Click here to learn how to opt out of personalized advertising.|
|Can you request not to receive direct marketing from Future Today?||YES. You can just reply to our marketing communication saying you do not want us to send you or your company more marketing communications or click on the unsubscribe link in the communication. Alternatively, you can always contact us by any of these methods.|
|Can you request to receive a copy of the Personal Data we have collected about you?||YES, if we can identify you. Please remember that we cannot positively identify the vast majority of our users. While the identifiers we process are considered Personal Data under applicable data protection laws, in most cases they identify a device rather than a person.
Click here to learn how.
|Can you withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data?||YES. Click here to learn how.|
|Can you request to have your data deleted?||YES. Click here to learn how.|
|Can you request not to have your data sold (shared with advertising partners)?||YES. Click here to learn how to opt out of ad tracking.|
|Will we discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights?||NO. Click here to learn more about your right not to be discriminated.|
|Do we protect your Personal Data?||YES. Click here to learn more about how we protect your Personal Data.|
This Policy addresses Personal Data (which relates to both individuals and households) that we:
- Receive directly through our Service.
- Receive from individuals that contact us.
- Receive from our business partners, including content partners.
- Process to promote our products and services.
What Is Not Covered by this Privacy Notice?
Human Resources Personal Data
This Notice does not apply to the Personal Data of employees, job applicants, contractors, business owners, directors, officers, and medical staff of Future Today.
Information Which Does Not Constitute Personal Data
If we do not maintain information in a manner that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household, such information is not considered Personal Data and this Policy will not apply to our processing of that information.[/ohio_text]
- What Personal Data we collect about you and how we obtain it
- The legal bases for processing your Personal Data
- For what purposes we use that Personal Data
- How long we keep your Personal Data
- With whom we share your Personal Data
- Your rights with regard to the Personal Data we collect about you and how can you exercise those rights
- How we protect your Personal Data
- How to contact us
- Because you gave your consent.
- Because we need to perform a contract with you.
- Because we have a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Data and it is not overridden by your rights. Some of those interests include:
- Monetizing your use of the Service with ads which are relevant to you.
- Enhancing, modifying, personalizing or otherwise improve our Service and communications for the benefits of our customers.
- Identifying and preventing fraud.
- Enhancing the security of our network and information systems.
- Determining the success of our Service, promotional campaigns, and advertising.
- Because we need to comply with the law.
- On another ground, as required or permitted by law.
When we rely on legitimate interests as a lawful basis of processing, you have the right to ask us more about how we decided to choose this legal basis and object to this processing. To do so, please use the contact details provided here.
Where we process your or your child’s Personal Data based on your consent, you may withdraw it at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before you withdrew your consent. It will also not affect the validity of our processing of Personal Data performed on other lawful grounds.
Where we receive your Personal Data as part of the provision of the Service to/from you or your brand to fulfil a contract, we require such Personal Data to be able to carry out the contract. Without that necessary Personal Data, we will not be able to provide the Service to you or fulfill our contractual obligations with you.[/ohio_text]
|Category||Type of Personal Data||How We Obtain It||Purpose of Processing|
|Identifier||Your first and last name and your email address||You provide it to us directly. For example, you provide it when you fill out a form, contact us to ask a question, post a comment or inquiry via our social media channels, or exercise your privacy rights.||To answer your queries and requests.
To fulfil our legal obligations, such as our obligation to process and log your data protection requests under applicable data protection and privacy laws.
|Identifier||Your phone number|
|Identifier||Your email address*
*We do not collect your email address for these purposes currently, but we may start collecting it in the future.
|You provide it to us directly||To provide and maintain our Service.
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
To provide recommendations based the content you have been viewing on our Service.
To present relevant advertising to you based on your general location and the content type you have been viewing on our Service.
For example, if you watch cooking content in the USA on our Service, you will see advertising for cooking-related content in English in other parts of our Service.
|Your IP address, unique advertising identifiers and device identifiers (such as your mobile device unique ID)||We collect it automatically. Specifically, your browser or app sends it to us thanks to cookies and similar tracking technologies.|
|Internet or other similar network activity (usage data)||Your browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit to our Service, the time spent on our Service, the content that you watch in our Service, your interactions with advertisements, the advertisements that were shown to you, and certain diagnostic data||To undertake internal research for technological development of the Service.
To verify, maintain or enhance the quality and safety of the Service.
To provide better content recommendations so you can enjoy an enhanced user’s experience.
To remember content you have bookmarked so you can easily find it later.
|Geolocation data||Your general location (such as city or zip code)||Your IP address may reveal it to us.||To present content available in your country and language.|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Data||Your preferences in relation to the part of our Service you have used||We infer it from on your activity on our Service, such as title selections and content you have watched and bookmarked.||To provide better content recommendations so you can enjoy an enhanced user’s experience.|
|Category||Type of Personal Data||How We Obtain It||Purpose of Processing|
|Identifier||Your first and last name and your (professional) email address||You or your organization provide it to us. For example, you provide this Personal Data when you contact us or when your personal details are included in a contract with us.||To contact you regarding the content that you or your organization submit to us or our business relationship with you.|
|Professional related information:||The organization you collaborate with|
|Audiovisual information||Your image and voice as recorded in the content provided by you or your organization
Any other personal information you voluntarily provide within the content
|To contact you regarding the content that you or your brand submit to us or our business relationship with you.|
|Category||Type of Personal Data||How We Obtain It||Purpose of Processing|
|Identifier||Your first and last name and your (professional) email address||You or your entity provide it to us. For example, you provide us with your Personal Data when you or your entity contact Future Today or include your personal details in a contract with Future Today||To contact you about Future Today’s business relationship with you or the company you represent and fulfil our legal obligations and enforce our rights.
To send you marketing communications about our business which we think may interest the entity you represent.
|Identifier||Your (professional) phone number|
|Professional related information||Your job title and the company you work for|
If you find any cookie in our Service and you do not want to receive cookies, you can change the setup of your browser to reject all or some cookies. Note, if you reject certain cookies, you may not be able to use all features of our Service. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/.[/ohio_text]
- Go to Settings > General > Privacy, and turn the “Limit Ad Tracking” option on.
- If you have an older AppleTV, go to Settings > Generaland change “Send Data to Apple” to “No.”
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Advertising, then check “Limit ad tracking.” Note: This setting is also available on Roku streaming gadgets.
- Samsung: Go to Settings > Support, scroll down to Terms & Policies, and turn off “Internet-based Advertising.”
- Samba TV: Go to Interactive TV Settings > Privacy, then enabling “Limit Ad Tracking.”
- On older Vizio TV sets that use Vizio Internet Apps (VIA), go to the TV’s System, and then: Reset & Admin > Smart Interactivity > “Off.”
- On Vizio smart TVs that use the newer SmartCast system, go to System > Reset & Admin and toggle the setting labelled “Viewing Data” to “Off.”
- LG: Go to Settings > All Settings > scroll down to General > About This TV > User Agreements > toggle Personalized Advertising to “Off.”
- Amazon Fire: Go to Settings > Preferences then scroll and click on “Right to Privacy Settings.” Turn off the settings labeled “Collect App and Over-the-Air Usage Data” and ” “Interest-based Ads.”
Generally, we retain usage data for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
If your Personal Data is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the longest retention period expires; but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter retention period once that period expires. Our retention periods are also based on our business needs and good practice.[/ohio_text]
In this section, we first describe those rights and then we explain how you can exercise those rights.[/ohio_text]
This is also called the right to be informed. It means that you have the right to obtain from us all information regarding our data processing activities that concern you (or your child), such as how we collect and use your Personal Data, how long we will keep it, and who it will be shared with, among other things.
Once we receive and confirm that the request came from you or your authorized agent, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of your Personal Data that we process
- The categories of sources for your Personal Data
- Our purposes for processing your Personal Data
- Where possible, the retention period for your Personal Data, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine the retention period
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Data
- If we carry out automated decision-making, including profiling, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we process about you in an easily sharable format
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Data for a business purpose, the categories of Personal Data and categories of recipients of that Personal Data for both sale and disclosure
- If we rely on legitimate interests as a lawful basis to process your Personal Data, the specific legitimate interests
- The appropriate safeguards used to transfer Personal Data from the EEA or the UK to a third country, if applicable
Under some circumstances, we may deny your access request. In that event, we will respond to you with the reason for the denial.[/ohio_text]
Sometimes we can delete your information, but other times it is not possible for either technical or legal reasons. If that is the case, we will consider if we can limit how we use it. We will also inform you of our reason for denying your deletion request.[/ohio_text]
We will stop processing the relevant Personal Data unless:
- we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights, or freedoms; or
- we need to continue processing your Personal Data to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim.
- Move it;
- Copy it;
- Keep it for yourself.; and/or
- Transfer it to another organization.
The right to data portability only applies when:
- our lawful basis for processing this information is consent or for the performance of a contract; and
- we are carrying out the processing by automated means.
Please note that the right does not cover any data that we may have created based on the data you have provided to us.
When this right applies to you and it is technically feasible, we will provide your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. When you request this information electronically, we will provide you a copy in electronic format.[/ohio_text]
If you have given consent for your details to be shared with a third party and wish to withdraw this consent, please also contact the relevant third party to change your preferences.[/ohio_text]
- deny you the Service.
- charge you different prices or rates for the Service including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- provide you a different level or quality of the Service.
- suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for the Service or a different level or quality of the Service.
Some of those laws give you the right to ask us to not sell your Personal Data at any time, referred to as the right to opt out. To exercise the right to opt-out, you may alter your settings in the in your device as explained in this section. If your device does not offer options to limit ad tracking, contact us as we explain here.
Please consider that when you change your device tracking preferences to limit ad tracking or we handle the request for you you will receive the same number of ads, but they will be less relevant to you.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will not ask you to reauthorize sale of your Personal Data for at least twelve months. However, if you change your mind, you may opt back into Personal Data sales at any time by changing your preferences in the Future Today Privacy Center within the Service. will only use Personal Data you provide us in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.[/ohio_text]
In addition, we do not knowingly sell the Personal Data of individuals that we know are less than sixteen (16) years old.[/ohio_text]
We will only use the Personal Data you provide us in a request to verify your identity or authority to make the request.[/ohio_text]
Please allow us up to thirty (30) calendar days to reply to your requests (except requests to stop selling your Personal Data) from the day we received your request. If we need more time (up to ninety (90) days in total), we will inform you of the reason why and the extension period in writing.
If your request is covered by the CCPA, consider that we will only cover the twelve-month period preceding the moment we receive your request in any disclosures we provide you with.
We will act upon your request to opt out from the sale of your Personal Data within fifteen (15) business days. We will also notify the third parties to whom we sold your Personal Data of your request and instruct them not to further sell your Personal Data. We will inform you about this in ninety (90) calendar days from the receipt of your request.
If we cannot satisfy a request, we will explain why in our response. For data portability requests, we will choose a format to provide your Personal Data that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without difficulty.
We will not charge a fee for processing or responding to your requests. However, we may charge a fee if we determine that your request is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. In those cases, we will tell you why we made that determination and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.[/ohio_text]
Specifically, you can lodge a complaint in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or the alleged violation of the GDPR.[/ohio_text]
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personally identifiable information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. Viewers under the age of 16 must use the Future Today Inc. sites under adult supervision.
Future Today adheres to the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) and the guidelines of the Children’s Advertising Review Unit (“CARU”) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc. in the parts of our Service directed to children under the age of thirteen (13). Please help us protect your children’s privacy by instructing them never to provide personal information (like their full name, e-mail address, home address, telephone number, etc.) without your permission.[/ohio_text]
Future Today Inc.
3723 Haven Ave Ste 133, Menlo Park, CA 94025
If you are submitting a privacy rights request, include the information we mention in this Section of the Policy to enable us to locate you in our systems.[/ohio_text]